In this year’s Outback Bowl, the Arkansas Razorbacks are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1.5), versus the Penn State Nittany Lions. Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida will host the matchup on January 1, 2022, starting at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under in this outing is 48 points.
Penn State vs. Arkansas Predictions
Penn State vs. Arkansas Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Penn State vs. Arkansas: Last 3 Games
- Penn State has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its last three games.
- Penn State has hit the over once in its past three games.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.8 points in their last three games, 0.8 more than the 48 over/under in this matchup.
- Arkansas has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three contests.
- In Arkansas’ past three contests, it has hit the over once.
- The Razorbacks have averaged a total of 60.2 combined points over their last three games, 12.2 greater than this matchup’s total of 48.
Penn State vs. Arkansas Betting Trends
- Penn State has covered the spread seven times over 12 games with a set spread.
- The Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Penn State’s games have hit the over three times.
- The Nittany Lions have compiled a 6-2 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
- Penn State has yet to play as a moneyline favorite of or shorter.
- The Nittany Lions have an implied moneyline win probability of 0.0% in this contest.
- Arkansas has covered the spread eight times over 13 games with a set spread.
- The Razorbacks are 5-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This year, seven of Arkansas’ games have gone over the point total out of 13 chances.
- This season, the Razorbacks have won three out of the six games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Arkansas has a record of 5-4, a 69.2% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of or more by oddsmakers this season.
Penn State vs. Arkansas: Over/Under Trends
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (48 points) five times this season.
- There have been nine Arkansas games that have ended with a combined score higher than 48 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 57.8 points per game, 9.8 points more than the total of 48 for this game.
- The 40.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 7.2 fewer than the 48 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Nittany Lions games is 51.5 points, 3.5 more than the over/under of 48 points for this contest.
- Razorbacks’ games have a total points bet of 55.3 points this season, 7.3 points more than the over/under for this game.
Penn State Players to Watch
- Sean Clifford leads Penn State with 2,912 passing yards (242.7 ypg) on 247-of-396 passing with 20 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. He also adds 125 rushing yards (10.4 ypg) on 86 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Keyvone Lee, has carried the ball 104 times for 495 yards (41.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Noah Cain has racked up 101 carries for 322 yards (26.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jahan Dotson’s 1,182 receiving yards (98.5 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 91 receptions and 12 touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has put together a 722-yard season so far (60.2 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns, hauling in 57 passes.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith’s 31 catches have yielded 447 yards (37.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Arkansas Players to Watch
- K.J. Jefferson leads Arkansas with 2,578 passing yards (214.8 ypg) on 184-of-275 passing with 21 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 554 rushing yards (46.2 ypg) on 126 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Trelon Smith’s team-high 592 rushing yards (49.3 per game) have come on 117 carries, with five touchdowns this year.
- Treylon Burks’ team-leading 1,123 receiving yards (93.6 yards per game) have come on 67 receptions with 11 touchdowns.
- Tyson Morris has caught 21 passes for 300 yards (25.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Warren Thompson’s 17 grabs are good enough for 278 yards (23.2 ypg) and two touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.