In this year’s Rose Bowl, the Ohio State Buckeyes are the favorites, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5) over the Utah Utes. the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California will host the matchup on January 1, 2022, starting at 5:00 PM ET. The over/under for the contest is 66 points.
Ohio State vs. Utah Predictions
Ohio State vs. Utah Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Ohio State vs. Utah: Last 3 Games
- Ohio State has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three contests.
- In Ohio State’s past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Buckeyes have averaged a total of 66.5 combined points in their last three games, 0.5 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 66.
- Over its past three contests, Utah has one win against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- In Utah’s past three contests, it has hit the over once.
- The Utes total over the last three games is 11.2 points fewer than the 66 total given for this matchup.
Ohio State vs. Utah Betting Trends
- Ohio State has covered the spread seven times this season (7-5-0).
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Buckeyes have an ATS record of 7-5.
- Ohio State’s games have gone over the total seven times this season.
- The Buckeyes have won nine of the 11 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (81.8%).
- Ohio State has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Buckeyes a 0.0% chance to win.
- Utah has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- Utah’s games have gone over the total six times out of 10 chances this year.
- The Utes won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Utah has a record of 7-1 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least on the moneyline.
Ohio State vs. Utah: Over/Under Trends
- Ohio State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (66 points) five times this season.
- There have been three Utah games that have finished with a combined score higher than 66 points this season.
- The Buckeyes average 45.5 points per game against the Utes’ 35.5, amounting to 15.0 points over the contest’s point total of 66.
- The 41.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 24.5 fewer than the 66 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Buckeyes games is 64.4 points, 1.6 fewer than the over/under of 66 points for this contest.
- Utes games have an over/under of 52.4 points this season, 13.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Ohio State Players to Watch
- C.J. Stroud has thrown for 3,862 yards (321.8 ypg) to lead Ohio State, completing 70.9% of his passes and collecting 38 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, TreVeyon Henderson, has carried the ball 167 times for 1,172 yards (97.7 per game), with 15 touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 23 passes for 285 yards (23.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- This season Miyan Williams has taken 69 carries for 490 yards (40.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba’s 1,259 receiving yards (104.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 80 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Garrett Wilson has caught 70 passes for 1,058 yards (88.2 yards per game) and 12 touchdowns this year.
- Chris Olave’s 65 grabs have netted him 936 yards (78.0 ypg) and 13 touchdowns.
Utah Players to Watch
- Cameron Rising leads Utah with 2,279 passing yards (175.3 ypg) on 187-of-298 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He also adds 407 rushing yards (31.3 ypg) on 63 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Tavion Thomas, has carried the ball 186 times for 1,041 yards (80.1 per game), with 20 touchdowns this year.
- This season T.J. Pledger has rushed for 671 yards (51.6 per game) on 97 carries with six touchdowns.
- Brant Kuithe’s 525 receiving yards (40.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 43 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Britain Covey has grabbed 49 passes for 480 yards (36.9 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Dalton Kincaid’s 33 receptions have yielded 465 yards (35.8 ypg) and seven touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.