In this season’s Peach Bowl, the Pittsburgh Panthers are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2.5), versus the Michigan State Spartans. Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia will host the matchup on December 30, 2021, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is 56 in the contest.
Michigan State vs. Pittsburgh Predictions
Michigan State vs. Pittsburgh Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Michigan State vs. Pittsburgh: Last 3 Games
- Michigan State has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three games.
- In its past three contests, Michigan State has gone over the total twice.
- The Spartans have averaged a total of 60.7 combined points in their last three games, 4.7 greater than this game’s over/under of 56.
- Pittsburgh has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, over its last three games.
- In its past three contests, Pittsburgh has hit the over once.
- The Panthers total over the last three games is 10.0 points greater than the 56 over/under given for this matchup.
Michigan State vs. Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 8-3-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Spartans have an ATS record of 4-2-1.
- Michigan State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season.
- The Spartans have won six of the seven games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (85.7%).
- Michigan State has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Spartans a 0.0% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh has compiled a 10-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have hit the over eight times this season.
- This is the first time the Panthers will play as underdogs this season.
- Pittsburgh has entered 13 games this season as the underdog by or more and is 8-1 in those contests.
Michigan State vs. Pittsburgh: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan State and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 56 points eight times.
- Nine of Pittsburgh’s games finished with a combined score over 56 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 56 is 18.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (31.9 points per game) and the Panthers (43 points per game).
- This game’s total is 7.2 fewer points than the 48.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2021.
- This season the average total for Spartans games is 55.0 points, 1.0 fewer than the over/under of 56 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.0 points separates the average total points bet in Panthers’ games (60.0 points) and this game’s over/under (56 points).
Michigan State Players to Watch
- Payton Thorne leads Michigan State with 2,887 passing yards (240.6 ypg) on 206-of-340 passing with 24 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions this season. He also adds 160 rushing yards (13.3 ypg) on 72 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Kenneth Walker III has carried the ball 263 times for a team-high 1,636 yards (136.3 per game), with 18 touchdowns this year.
- This season Jordon Simmons has piled up 54 carries for 255 yards (21.3 per game).
- Jayden Reed’s team-leading 946 receiving yards (78.8 yards per game) have come on 53 receptions with eight touchdowns.
- Jalen Nailor has put up a 587-yard season so far (48.9 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 31 passes.
- Tre Mosley has hauled in 30 catches for 473 yards (39.4 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
Pittsburgh Players to Watch
- Kenny Pickett leads Pittsburgh with 4,319 passing yards (332.2 ypg) on 334-of-497 passing with 42 touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. He also adds 233 rushing yards (17.9 ypg) on 98 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Israel Abanikanda’s team-high 635 rushing yards (48.8 per game) have come on 118 carries, with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 24 catches for 197 yards (15.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Vincent Davis has piled up 550 yards (42.3 per game) on 130 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Jordan Addison’s team-leading 1,479 receiving yards (113.8 yards per game) have come on 93 receptions with 17 touchdowns.
- Jared Wayne has collected 654 receiving yards (50.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns, reeling in 46 passes this year.
- Taysir Mack’s 27 receptions have turned into 461 yards (35.5 ypg) and three touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.