The oddsmakers think the Music City Bowl between the Tennessee Volunteers and Purdue Boilermakers will be a relatively tight one, with the Volunteers favored by 4.5 points. Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee will host the matchup on December 30, 2021, starting at 3:00 PM ET. An over/under of 63.5 points has been set for the outing.
Tennessee vs. Purdue Predictions
Tennessee vs. Purdue Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Tennessee vs. Purdue: Last 3 Games
- Tennessee has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three games.
- Tennessee has hit the over in each of its past three contests.
- The Volunteers average total over the last three games is 3.0 points fewer than the 63.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Over its past three games, Purdue has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In Purdue’s past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Boilermakers total over the last three games is 9.2 points fewer than the 63.5 total given for this matchup.
Tennessee vs. Purdue Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 5-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4.5 points or more, the Volunteers are 3-2 against the spread.
- This season, Tennessee’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The Volunteers have been favored on the moneyline a total of four times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- Tennessee has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Volunteers a 0.0% chance to win.
- Purdue is 7-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Boilermakers have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Purdue games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this year.
- The Boilermakers have entered the game as underdogs six times this season and won three of those games.
- Purdue has a record of 6-3, a 66.7% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of or more by oddsmakers this season.
Tennessee vs. Purdue: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Tennessee and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 63.5 points seven times.
- There have been just two games featuring Purdue this season with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 63.5.
- The point total for the game of 63.5 is 2.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Volunteers (38.8 points per game) and the Boilermakers (27.5 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 48 points per game, 15.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Volunteers games is 1.5 points fewer than the over/under of 63.5 points in this matchup.
- Boilermakers games have an over/under of 52.9 points this season, 10.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Tennessee Players to Watch
- Hendon Hooker leads Tennessee with 2,567 passing yards (213.9 ypg) on 180-of-261 passing with 26 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 560 rushing yards (46.7 ypg) on 147 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Jabari Small’s team-high 612 rushing yards (51.0 per game) have come on 114 carries, with eight touchdowns this year.
- Cedric Tillman’s team-high 931 receiving yards (77.6 yards per game) have come on 57 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Velus Jones Jr. has racked up 722 receiving yards (60.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns, hauling in 52 passes this year.
- JaVonta Payton has hauled in 16 catches for 378 yards (31.5 ypg) and six touchdowns this season.
Purdue Players to Watch
- Aidan O’Connell leads Purdue with 3,177 passing yards (264.8 ypg) on 289-of-393 passing with 23 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, King Doerue, has carried the ball 125 times for 488 yards (40.7 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Zander Horvath has collected 262 yards (21.8 per game) on 74 attempts with three touchdowns.
- David Bell’s team-leading 1,286 receiving yards (107.2 yards per game) have come on 93 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Milton Wright has put together a 732-yard season so far (61.0 receiving yards per game) with seven touchdowns, hauling in 57 passes.
- Jackson Anthrop’s 48 catches have yielded 496 yards (41.3 ypg) and five touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.