In this season’s Duke’s Mayo Bowl, the South Carolina Gamecocks are solid underdogs (+9) against the North Carolina Tar Heels. Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina will host the matchup on December 30, 2021, starting at 11:30 AM ET. The over/under in this outing is 58.5 points.
North Carolina vs. South Carolina Predictions
North Carolina vs. South Carolina Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
North Carolina vs. South Carolina: Last 3 Games
- North Carolina has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall, over its past three games.
- In North Carolina’s past three contests, it has gone over the total once.
- The Tar Heels have averaged a total of 65.2 combined points in their last three games, 6.7 greater than this game’s over/under of 58.5.
- In its last three contests, South Carolina has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- South Carolina has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Gamecocks total over the last three games is 10.8 points fewer than the 58.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
North Carolina vs. South Carolina Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread five times this season (5-7-0).
- In games they have played as 9-point favorites or more, the Tar Heels have an ATS record of 2-3.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over seven times.
- The Tar Heels have been favored on the moneyline eight total times this season. They’ve gone 5-3 in those games.
- North Carolina has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The Tar Heels have a 0.0% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- South Carolina has covered the spread five times in 11 games with a set spread.
- The Gamecocks are 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 9-point underdogs.
- South Carolina’s games have gone over the total five times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Gamecocks have been underdogs in seven games this season and won two (28.6%) of those contests.
- South Carolina has a record of 3-5, a 45.5% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of or more by oddsmakers this season.
North Carolina vs. South Carolina: Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Carolina games have hit the over on this matchup’s 58.5-point over/under eight times.
- There have been just two games featuring South Carolina this season with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 58.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 58.5 is 0.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (36.4 points per game) and the Gamecocks (21.3 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 2.6 fewer points than the 55.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2021.
- This season, the average total for Tar Heels games is 66.7 points, 8.2 more than the over/under of 58.5 points for this contest.
- Gamecocks games have an over/under of 49.5 points this season, nine points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
North Carolina Players to Watch
- Sam Howell has been a dual threat to lead North Carolina in both passing and rushing. He has 2,851 passing yards (237.6 ypg), completing 62.7% of his passes and recording 23 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 825 yards (68.8 ypg) on 170 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Ty Chandler has carried the ball 173 times for a team-high 1,063 yards (88.6 per game), with 13 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 14 catches for 215 yards (17.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Josh Downs’ 1,273 receiving yards (106.1 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 98 receptions and eight touchdowns.
- Antoine Green has put up a 539-yard season so far (44.9 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, reeling in 27 passes.
- Emery Simmons’ 11 catches are good enough for 243 yards (22.1 ypg) and one touchdown.
South Carolina Players to Watch
- Luke Doty leads South Carolina with 975 passing yards (81.3 ypg) on 86-of-143 passing with five touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Zaquandre White, has carried the ball 88 times for 583 yards (48.6 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 18 passes for 196 yards (16.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- This season Kevin Harris has racked up 121 carries for 485 yards (40.4 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Josh Vann’s 668 receiving yards (55.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 43 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Jaheim Bell has grabbed 25 passes for 338 yards (28.2 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Nick Muse’s 20 catches this season have resulted in 222 yards (18.5 ypg) and two touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.