The Los Angeles Chargers (8-6) are double-digit, 10-point favorites heading into their matchup on Sunday, December 26, 2021 against the Houston Texans (3-11). The over/under is set at 46 points for the outing.
Chargers vs. Texans Predictions
Chargers Vs. Texans Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers and Texans: Last Three Games
- Los Angeles is 2-1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in its past three matchups.
- The Chargers and their opponents have hit the over in all three of those games.
- The Chargers’ past three games have ended with an average of 49.2 points scored. That’s 3.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Houston covered the spread once in its past three matchups while putting up a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Two times in those three games, the final combined score has surpassed the set total.
- The past three Texans games averaged 4.0 fewer points (42.0) than this matchup’s point total.
Chargers and Texans: Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, Los Angeles’ games have hit the over seven times.
- The Chargers have put together a 5-4 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 55.6% of those games).
- Los Angeles has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -461 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Chargers an 82.2% chance to win.
- Houston has compiled a 6-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 10 points or more so far this season, the Texans have gone 3-4 against the spread.
- This season, six of Houston’s games have gone over the point total.
- This season, the Texans have been the underdog 13 times and won three, or 23.1%, of those games.
- Houston has entered seven games this season as the underdog by +346 or more and is 1-6 in those contests.
- This season, Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 46 points nine times.
- This season, six games Houston played finished with a combined score over 46 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 46 is 4.1 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Chargers (27.1 points per game) and the Texans (14.8 points per game).
- The 53 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 7.0 more than the 46 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Chargers games is 50.0 points, 4.0 more than the over/under of 46 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.5 points more than the average over/under in Texans’ games this season (44.5 points).
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert is second overall among all players and second among all quarterbacks with 316.7 fantasy points (22.6 per game).
- Mike Williams has racked up total 138.4 fantasy points this year (9.9 per game), which make him the 57th-ranked player overall and the 11th-ranked receiver.
- So far this season, Keenan Allen averages 9.5 fantasy points per game on the way to 132.7 total fantasy points. That makes him the 60th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 13th-ranked receiver.
- Jared Cook is working on the 155th-ranked fantasy season (17th among tight ends) with 68.0 fantasy points, averaging 4.9 per game.
Texans Players to Watch
- So far this season, Davis Mills is 91st overall among all players and 32nd among all quarterbacks with 104.7 fantasy points (7.5 per game).
- Tyrod Taylor has put up total 81.8 fantasy points this year (5.8 per game), which make him the 34th-ranked quarterback and the 126th-ranked player overall.
- David Johnson averages 3.3 fantasy points per game on the way to 45.7 total fantasy points. That makes him the 209th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 61st-ranked running back.
- Rex Burkhead is the 237th-ranked fantasy player — and the 66th-ranked running back — with 37.9 fantasy points (2.7 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.