The Alabama State Hornets (2-9) are heavy underdogs (+30.5) as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 16 Texas Longhorns (8-2) at 2:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center. The matchup has an over/under of 132.
Texas vs. Alabama State Predictions
Texas vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
Texas vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Texas has compiled a 5-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 30.5-point favorites or more, the Longhorns have an ATS record of 1-1.
- Texas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of nine chances this season.
- The Longhorns average 71.9 points per game, nine fewer points than the 80.9 the Hornets allow.
- When Texas totals more than 80.9 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- Alabama State has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-0-0).
- This year, six of Alabama State’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Hornets put up an average of 69.8 points per game, 16.3 more points than the 53.5 the Longhorns give up to opponents.
- Alabama State is 6-4 against the spread and 2-9 overall when it scores more than 53.5 points.
Texas vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- Texas and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (132 points) three times this season.
- Nine of Alabama State’s games ended with a combined score higher than 132 points this season.
- The total for the game of 132 is 9.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Longhorns (71.9 points per game) and the Hornets (69.8 points per game).
- The 134.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.4 more than the 132 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Longhorns games is 138.1 points, 6.1 more than the over/under of 132 points for this contest.
- A difference of 13.3 points separates the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (145.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (132 points).
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 12.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 56.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (4-for-11)
- Tre Mitchell: 11 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.2 FG%, 35 3PT% (7-for-20)
- Andrew Jones: 9.2 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.2 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (13-for-40)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.2 PTS, 50.7 FG%, 46.4 3PT% (13-for-28)
- Marcus Carr: 8.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.8 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (8-for-30)
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Gerald Liddell: 11 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.3 BLK, 44.7 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (8-for-18)
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46 FG%, 14.3 3PT% (2-for-14)
- Isaiah Range: 9.3 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (8-for-29)
- Jordan O’Neal: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 62 FG%
- Juan Reyna: 8.9 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 34 3PT% (16-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.