The Texas Tech Red Raiders are significant underdogs (+9.5) in this season’s Liberty Bowl, where they will meet the Mississippi State Bulldogs. The game will kick off from the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium in Memphis, Florida on December 28, 2021, starting at 6:45 PM ET. The over/under in this contest is 59.5 points.
Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech Predictions
Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech: Last 3 Games
- Over its past three contests, Mississippi State has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- Mississippi State has hit the over twice in its past three games.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score an average of 57.3 points in their last three games, 2.2 less than the 59.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread twice, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three games.
- In Texas Tech’s past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Red Raiders have averaged a total of 54.3 combined points in their last three games, 5.2 less than this matchup’s total of 59.5.
Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Mississippi State has covered the spread seven times in 12 games with a set spread.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Mississippi State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- The Bulldogs have won 60% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (3-2).
- Mississippi State has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Bulldogs have an implied win probability of 0.0%.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread six times this season (6-5-1).
- The Red Raiders are 2-2 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Texas Tech’s games have gone over the total five times this season.
- The Red Raiders have won two of the eight games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Texas Tech has entered 12 games this season as the underdog by or more and is 3-6 in those contests.
Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Mississippi State and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total of 59.5 points four times.
- Five of Texas Tech’s games finished with a combined score higher than 59.5 points this season.
- The Bulldogs average 30.9 points per game against the Red Raiders’ 30, amounting to 1.4 points over the contest’s over/under of 59.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 57.4 points per game, 2.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 54.8 average over/under in their games this season, 4.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Red Raiders games have an over/under of 59 points this season, 0.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Mississippi State Players to Watch
- Will Rogers leads Mississippi State with 4,449 passing yards (370.8 ypg) on 473-of-630 passing with 35 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Dillon Johnson, has carried the ball 80 times for 423 yards (35.3 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 62 passes for 396 yards (33 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Jo’Quavious Marks has piled up 397 yards (33.1 per game) on 101 carries with six touchdowns, while also grabbing 79 passes for 464 yards (38.7 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Makai Polk’s 989 receiving yards (82.4 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 98 receptions and nine touchdowns.
- Jaden Walley has recorded 610 receiving yards (50.8 yards per game) and six touchdowns, reeling in 52 passes this year.
- Austin Williams’ 47 grabs have netted him 543 yards (45.3 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Henry Colombi has thrown for 1,291 yards (107.6 ypg) to lead Texas Tech, completing 64.2% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Tahj Brooks’ team-high 473 rushing yards (39.4 per game) have come on 71 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- This season SaRodorick Thompson has racked up 448 yards (37.3 per game) on 94 attempts with nine touchdowns.
- Erik Ezukanma’s 706 receiving yards (58.8 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 48 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Kaylon Geiger has reeled in 41 passes for 541 yards (45.1 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Myles Price’s 32 grabs have turned into 422 yards (35.2 ypg) and two touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.