In this year’s Guaranteed Rate Bowl, the West Virginia Mountaineers are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4.5), against the Minnesota Golden Gophers. The action starts at 10:15 PM ET on December 28, 2021 from Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. The over/under is set at 45 in the contest.
Minnesota vs. West Virginia Predictions
Minnesota vs. West Virginia Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Minnesota vs. West Virginia: Last 3 Games
- Minnesota has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three contests.
- In its past three contests, Minnesota has hit the over twice.
- The Golden Gophers average total over the last three games is 5.2 points fewer than the 45 over/under listed for this matchup.
- West Virginia has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In West Virginia’s past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Mountaineers total over the last three games is eight points greater than the 45 over/under listed for this matchup.
Minnesota vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Minnesota has compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total six times this season.
- The Golden Gophers have compiled a 4-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Minnesota has not yet played as a moneyline favorite of or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Golden Gophers have an implied win probability of 0.0%.
- West Virginia is 6-6-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 4.5 points or more so far this year, the Mountaineers have gone 3-1 against the spread.
- West Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year.
- The Mountaineers have been underdogs in six games this season and won two (33.3%) of those contests.
- This season, West Virginia has won six of its 12 games, or 50%, when they’re the underdog by at least on the moneyline.
Minnesota vs. West Virginia: Over/Under Trends
- Seven Minnesota games this season have gone over Tuesday’s over/under of 45 points.
- In West Virginia’s 12 games this season, nine have finished with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s total of 45.
- Together, the two teams combine for 52.9 points per game, 7.9 points more than the total of 45 for this game.
- This game’s point total is 2.4 fewer points than the 42.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The Golden Gophers have seen a 48 average over/under in their games this season, three points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 7.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Mountaineers’ games this season (52.7 points).
Minnesota Players to Watch
- Tanner Morgan has thrown for 1,935 yards (161.3 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 59.5% of his passes and collecting 10 touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season.
- Ky Thomas has carried the ball 145 times for a team-high 680 yards (56.7 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Mar’Keise Irving has rushed for 570 yards (47.5 per game) on 114 carries with four touchdowns.
- Chris Autman-Bell’s team-high 490 receiving yards (40.8 yards per game) have come on 35 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Mike Brown-Stephens has put together a 387-yard season so far (32.3 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 22 passes.
- Dylan Wright has hauled in 16 grabs for 307 yards (25.6 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
West Virginia Players to Watch
- Jarret Doege has 2,908 passing yards (242.3 ypg) to lead West Virginia, completing 66% of his passes and throwing 19 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions this season.
- Leddie Brown’s team-high 1,065 rushing yards (88.8 per game) have come on 223 carries, with 13 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 36 catches for 217 yards (18.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Garrett Greene has rushed for 297 yards (24.8 per game) on 48 carries with four touchdowns.
- Winston Wright’s 672 receiving yards (56 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 60 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton has racked up 560 receiving yards (46.7 yards per game) and three touchdowns, reeling in 40 passes this year.
- Sam James’ 39 catches have netted him 465 yards (38.8 ypg) and five touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.