The bookmakers think the Pinstripe Bowl between the Maryland Terrapins and Virginia Tech Hokies will be a relatively close one, with the Terrapins favored by 3.5 points. Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York will host the matchup on December 29, 2021, starting at 2:15 PM ET. An over/under of 55 points has been set for the outing.
Maryland vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Maryland vs. Virginia Tech Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Maryland vs. Virginia Tech: Last 3 Games
- In its past three games, Maryland has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- Maryland has hit the over in each of its past three contests.
- The Terrapins total over the last three games is two points more than the 55 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, over its last three contests.
- In Virginia Tech’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Hokies and their opponents have combined to score an average of 56.8 combined points over their last three games, 1.8 more than the 55 over/under in this matchup.
Maryland vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Maryland has compiled a 4-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Terrapins have an ATS record of 2-2.
- This season, Maryland’s games have hit the over seven times.
- The Terrapins have not yet lost a game they played as the moneyline favorite this season, going 4-0.
- Maryland has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Terrapins have an implied win probability of 0.0%.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread five times over 12 games with a set spread.
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Virginia Tech games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season.
- This season, the Hokies have won three out of the six games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Virginia Tech has won six of its 12 games, or 50%, when they’re the underdog by at least on the moneyline.
Maryland vs. Virginia Tech: Over/Under Trends
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to exceed Wednesday’s over/under of 55 points seven times this season.
- Four of Virginia Tech’s games finished with a combined score over 55 points this season.
- The Terrapins average 27.3 points per game against the Hokies’ 24.8, amounting to 2.9 points under the game’s total of 55.
- These two teams surrender a combined 55.3 points per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Terrapins have seen a 57.6 average over/under in their games this season, 2.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points more than the average over/under in Hokies’ games this season (53.7 points).
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 3,595 yards (299.6 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 68.4% of his passes and tossing 24 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tayon Fleet-Davis, has carried the ball 120 times for 664 yards (55.3 per game), with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 32 passes for 305 yards (25.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Colby McDonald has taken 56 carries for 289 yards (24.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Rakim Jarrett’s 769 receiving yards (64.1 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 56 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Dontay Demus Jr. has caught 28 passes for 507 yards (42.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Chigoziem Okonkwo’s 49 catches have netted him 433 yards (36.1 ypg) and five touchdowns.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Braxton Burmeister has been a dual threat to lead Virginia Tech in both passing and rushing. He has 1,960 passing yards (163.3 ypg), completing 55.7% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 525 yards (43.8 ypg) on 117 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Raheem Blackshear’s team-high 714 rushing yards (59.5 per game) have come on 121 carries, with six touchdowns this year. He’s also added 23 catches for 244 yards (20.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tre Turner’s 675 receiving yards (56.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 40 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Tayvion Robinson has caught 44 passes for 559 yards (46.6 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Kaleb Smith’s 20 grabs have netted him 260 yards (21.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.