The Youngstown State Penguins (7-3) will try to build on a five-game winning streak when they visit the West Virginia Mountaineers (10-1) at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 22, 2021 as 15.5-point underdogs. The Mountaineers have won seven games in a row. The matchup’s over/under is set at 134.5.
West Virginia vs. Youngstown State Predictions
West Virginia vs. Youngstown State Betting Odds
|West Virginia||-15.5||134.5 points|
West Virginia vs. Youngstown State Betting Trends
- West Virginia is 5-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites.
- Games involving West Virginia have hit the over three times this season.
- The Mountaineers record only 3.8 more points per game (69.4) than the Penguins allow (65.6).
- West Virginia has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when scoring more than 65.6 points.
- Youngstown State has registered a 4-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Penguins have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs.
- Youngstown State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of nine chances this season.
- The Penguins put up 13.9 more points per game (74.4) than the Mountaineers allow their opponents to score (60.5).
- When it scores more than 60.5 points, Youngstown State is 4-3 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
West Virginia vs. Youngstown State Over/Under Trends
- West Virginia and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (134.5 points) three times this season.
- There have been six Youngstown State games that have ended with a combined score over 134.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 134.5 is 9.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Mountaineers (69.4 points per game) and the Penguins (74.4 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 8.4 fewer points than the 126.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Mountaineers have seen a 138 average over/under in their games this season, 3.5 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.4 points separates the average total points bet in Penguins’ games (141.9 points) and this contest’s over/under (134.5 points).
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 21.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.9 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (21-for-62)
- Sean McNeil: 11.9 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (17-for-53)
- Jalen Bridges: 7.1 PTS, 46 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 53.7 FG%
- Kedrian Johnson: 4.7 PTS, 2.2 STL, 47.4 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
Youngstown State Team Leaders
- Michael Akuchie: 13.5 PTS, 7.1 REB, 45.1 FG%, 25 3PT% (6-for-24)
- Tevin Olison: 12.9 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (16-for-51)
- Dwayne Cohill: 10.3 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (6-for-17)
- Shemar Rathan-Mayes: 9.2 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (12-for-26)
- Luke Chicone: 4 PTS, 48.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.