The Texas State Bobcats (9-2) visit the No. 13 Houston Cougars (10-2) after winning three straight road games. The Cougars are heavy favorites by 18 points in the matchup, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 22, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 130.5.
Houston vs. Texas State Predictions
Houston vs. Texas State Betting Odds
Houston vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- Houston has gone 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 18-point favorites.
- This season, five of Houston’s games have gone over the point total out of 13 chances.
- The 79.3 points per game the Cougars record are 18.4 more points than the Bobcats allow (60.9).
- When Houston puts up more than 60.9 points, it is 8-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Texas State has covered the spread in a game four times this year (4-3-0).
- Texas State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of seven chances this year.
- The Bobcats score an average of 76.9 points per game, 20.1 more points than the 56.8 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- Texas State has put together a 3-4 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record in games it scores more than 56.8 points.
Houston vs. Texas State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Houston and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 130.5 points five times.
- Five of Texas State’s games finished with a combined score over 130.5 points this season.
- The Cougars average 79.3 points per game against the Bobcats’ 76.9, amounting to 25.7 points over the game’s total of 130.5.
- This game’s over/under is 12.8 fewer points than the 117.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Cougars games is 133.7 points, 3.2 more than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 3.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Bobcats’ games this season (133.6 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Marcus Sasser: 16.6 PTS, 2.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (41-for-94)
- Fabian White Jr.: 10.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 1.3 BLK, 45.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
- Jamal Shead: 9.1 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.8 STL, 47.0 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (10-for-25)
- Kyler Edwards: 12.3 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Josh Carlton: 9.0 PTS, 59.5 FG%
Texas State Team Leaders
- Caleb Asberry: 13.9 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Isiah Small: 11.0 PTS, 7.2 REB, 47.8 FG%, 20.8 3PT% (5-for-24)
- Nighael Ceaser: 8.3 PTS, 64.5 FG%
- Mason Harrell: 10.6 PTS, 51.9 FG%, 55.0 3PT% (11-for-20)
- Shelby Adams: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.1 FG%, 53.8 3PT% (7-for-13)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.