The No. 2 Duke Blue Devils (10-1, 0-0 ACC) host the Virginia Tech Hokies (8-4, 0-0 ACC) after winning nine home games in a row. The Blue Devils are favored by 9 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 22, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 139.
Duke vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Duke vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Duke vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Duke is 7-3-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 9 points or more, the Blue Devils have gone 5-2-1 against the spread.
- Duke games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- The 86.1 points per game the Blue Devils score are 29.6 more points than the Hokies give up (56.5).
- Duke has a 7-3-1 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when scoring more than 56.5 points.
- Virginia Tech has gone 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, four of Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The Hokies’ 71.6 points per game are 7.2 more points than the 64.4 the Blue Devils give up to opponents.
- Virginia Tech is 7-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall when it scores more than 64.4 points.
Duke vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- Duke and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (139 points) eight times this season.
- In Virginia Tech’s 11 games this season, three have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s point total of 139.
- The Blue Devils average 86.1 points per game against the Hokies’ 71.6, amounting to 18.7 points over the matchup’s total of 139.
- This game’s total is 18.1 fewer points than the 120.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Blue Devils games is 147.6 points, 8.6 more than the over/under of 139 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (139 points) and the average total points bet in Hokies’ games (133.6 points) this season.
Duke Team Leaders
- Wendell Moore: 16.9 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.4 STL, 58.1 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
- Paolo Banchero: 16.5 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.5 STL, 49.2 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
- Mark Williams: 9.2 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 67.7 FG%
- Trevor Keels: 12.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 40.5 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (18-for-57)
- Jeremy Roach: 9.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.1 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 14.2 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (6-for-28)
- Justyn Mutts: 9.4 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.3 STL, 52.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (8-for-24)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.6 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (28-for-63)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.9 PTS, 34.1 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (21-for-58)
- Storm Murphy: 8.3 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (18-for-48)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.