The No. 23 Villanova Wildcats (7-4, 0-0 Big East) host the No. 18 Xavier Musketeers (11-1, 0-0 Big East) after winning three straight home games. The Wildcats are favored by 5 points in the contest, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 21, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 138 points.
Villanova vs. Xavier Predictions
Villanova vs. Xavier Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Xavier Betting Trends
- Villanova has gone 8-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 4-3 ATS when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- This season, Villanova’s games have hit the over five times.
- The Wildcats average 72.6 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 61.3 the Musketeers allow.
- Villanova is 5-4 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 61.3 points.
- Xavier is 7-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Musketeers are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- This season, Xavier’s games have hit the over four times out of 11 chances.
- The Musketeers put up an average of 77 points per game, 13.9 more points than the 63.1 the Wildcats give up.
- When it scores more than 63.1 points, Xavier is 8-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Villanova vs. Xavier Over/Under Trends
- Villanova and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total of 138 points five times this season.
- There have been five Xavier games that have ended with a combined score over 138 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 149.6 points per game, 11.6 points more than the total of 138 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 124.4 points per game, 13.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Wildcats games is 139 points, one more than the over/under of 138 points for this contest.
- Musketeers’ games have a total points bet of 139.5 points this season, 1.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 16.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.5 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (37-for-91)
- Justin Moore: 14.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.5 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
- Jermaine Samuels: 11 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (13-for-43)
- Brandon Slater: 11.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (15-for-44)
- Eric Dixon: 7.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.6 FG%, 58.3 3PT% (7-for-12)
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 13 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.7 BLK, 54.3 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Colby Jones: 12.4 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.5 STL, 52.8 FG%, 36 3PT% (9-for-25)
- Paul Scruggs: 10.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (13-for-41)
- Nate Johnson: 13.3 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 47.3 3PT% (35-for-74)
- Dwon Odom: 7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 63.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.