The North Carolina Tar Heels (8-3) are heavy favorites (-14.5) as they try to continue a four-game home win streak when they take on the Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-6) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at Dean Smith Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 140.
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Predictions
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-14.5||140 points|
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread five times in 11 games with a set spread.
- The Tar Heels have not covered a spread (0-4) when they are at least 14.5-point favorites.
- Games involving North Carolina have hit the over five times this season.
- The Tar Heels score 79.4 points per game, 18.6 more points than the 60.8 the Mountaineers allow.
- North Carolina is 3-7 against the spread and 8-3 overall when scoring more than 60.8 points.
- Appalachian State has compiled a 6-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Mountaineers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 14.5-point underdogs.
- Appalachian State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 10 chances this season.
- The Mountaineers score just 3.9 fewer points per game (69.5) than the Tar Heels give up to opponents (73.4).
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under of 140 points eight times.
- There have been just two games featuring Appalachian State this season with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s over/under of 140.
- The over/under for the contest of 140 is 8.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (79.4 points per game) and the Mountaineers (69.5 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 134.2 points per game, 5.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 152.6 average over/under in their games this season, 12.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Mountaineers games have an over/under of 131.9 points this season, 8.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 15.0 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.6 BLK, 61.8 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.7 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (21-for-51)
- RJ Davis: 12.8 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (19-for-45)
- Brady Manek: 12.5 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (19-for-53)
- Dawson Garcia: 11.6 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 15.3 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (30-for-73)
- Donovan Gregory: 8.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 57.1 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.9 PTS, 35.8 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (22-for-63)
- Justin Forrest: 9.8 PTS, 29.9 FG%, 20.6 3PT% (13-for-63)
- James Lewis: 5.8 PTS, 48.9 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.