The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (4-7) are big, 12.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a five-game losing streak when they visit the East Carolina Pirates (8-3) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at Minges Coliseum. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 134.
East Carolina vs. Southern Miss Predictions
East Carolina vs. Southern Miss Betting Odds
|East Carolina||-12.5||134 points|
East Carolina vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- East Carolina has covered the spread nine times in 12 games with a set spread.
- The Pirates have not covered a spread when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites (0-2).
- East Carolina’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Pirates average only 2.7 more points per game (73) than the Golden Eagles give up (70.3).
- East Carolina is 4-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- Southern Miss has registered a 9-1-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 12.5-point underdogs or more, the Golden Eagles have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This year, five of Southern Miss’ games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Golden Eagles score 7.7 fewer points per game (60.8) than the Pirates allow (68.5).
East Carolina vs. Southern Miss Over/Under Trends
- East Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under (134 points) eight times this season.
- This season, six games Southern Miss played finished with a combined score higher than 134 points.
- The total for the contest of 134 is 0.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Pirates (73 points per game) and the Golden Eagles (60.8 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 4.8 fewer points than the 138.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Pirates have seen a 138.9 average over/under in their games this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 0.7 points more than the average over/under in Golden Eagles’ games this season (133.3 points).
East Carolina Team Leaders
- Tristen Newton: 17.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 48.9 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (19-for-52)
- Brandon Suggs: 10.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
- Brandon Johnson: 6.4 PTS, 7.8 REB, 49.1 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
- Vance Jackson: 10.5 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (24-for-61)
- Tremont Robinson-White: 7.6 PTS, 2 STL, 43.1 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (11-for-27)
Southern Miss Team Leaders
- Isaih Moore: 12.5 PTS, 57 FG%, 26.3 3PT% (5-for-19)
- Tyler Stevenson: 11.7 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 48 FG%
- Walyn Napper: 6 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (8-for-22)
- Tae Hardy: 13.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 50.8 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- Jaron Pierre, Jr.: 7.5 PTS, 32 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (18-for-54)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.