The No. 22 Xavier Musketeers (10-1, 0-0 Big East) will attempt to build on a six-game win streak when they host the Marquette Golden Eagles (8-3, 0-0 Big East) on Saturday, December 18, 2021 at Cintas Center as heavy, 10.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 148.5 in the matchup.
Xavier vs. Marquette Predictions
Xavier vs. Marquette Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Marquette Betting Trends
- Xavier has covered the spread in a game seven times this season (7-3-0).
- The Musketeers have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Xavier have hit the over four times out of 10 chances this season.
- The 76.7 points per game the Musketeers record are 7.2 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (69.5).
- Xavier is 8-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 69.5 points.
- Marquette is 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Marquette games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this year.
- The Golden Eagles put up 12.6 more points per game (73.0) than the Musketeers allow (60.4).
- Marquette is 5-4 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it scores more than 60.4 points.
Xavier vs. Marquette Over/Under Trends
- Xavier and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s total of 148.5 points just once this season.
- Four of Marquette’s games finished with a combined score over 148.5 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 148.5 is 1.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Musketeers (76.7 points per game) and the Golden Eagles (73.0 points per game).
- The 129.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 18.6 fewer than the 148.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Musketeers games is 138.4 points, 10.1 fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.9 points separates this matchup’s over/under (148.5 points) and the average total points bet in Golden Eagles’ games (140.6 points) this season.
Xavier Team Leaders
- Colby Jones: 12.5 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.6 STL, 55.7 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (9-for-24)
- Jack Nunge: 13.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.7 BLK, 56.8 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Paul Scruggs: 11.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 40.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (13-for-39)
- Nate Johnson: 12.9 PTS, 49.0 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (31-for-67)
- Dwon Odom: 5.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 58.1 FG%
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 15.4 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 STL, 45.0 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (15-for-54)
- Darryl Morsell: 13.8 PTS, 43.0 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (18-for-47)
- Tyler Kolek: 6.3 PTS, 5.6 AST, 1.6 STL, 25.9 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (10-for-50)
- Kur Kuath: 5.9 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 70.7 FG%
- Oso Ighodaro: 4.7 PTS, 74.2 FG%
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.