The Illinois State Redbirds (6-5) take on the Ball State Cardinals (4-5) as 5.5-point favorites on Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 153.5 points.
Illinois State vs. Ball State Predictions
Illinois State vs. Ball State Betting Odds
|Illinois State||-5.5||153.5 points|
Illinois State vs. Ball State Betting Trends
- Illinois State has covered the spread six times this season (6-3-1).
- The Redbirds are winless against the spread when they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more (0-3).
- Games involving Illinois State have hit the over eight times out of 10 chances this season.
- The Redbirds put up 79.8 points per game, only 0.1 more points than the 79.7 the Cardinals allow.
- Illinois State has a 0-4 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall when putting up more than 79.7 points.
- Ball State has gone 7-2-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this year, the Cardinals have gone 3-0 against the spread.
- Ball State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this year.
- The Cardinals score an average of 75.4 points per game, only 3.8 fewer points than the 79.2 the Redbirds give up.
- Ball State is 1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it scores more than 79.2 points.
Illinois State vs. Ball State Over/Under Trends
- Illinois State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (153.5 points) five times this season.
- In Ball State’s nine games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 153.5.
- The point total for the contest of 153.5 is 1.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Redbirds (79.8 points per game) and the Cardinals (75.4 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 5.4 fewer points than the 158.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Redbirds games is 10.5 points fewer than the over/under of 153.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 6.9 points more than the average over/under in Cardinals’ games this season (146.6 points).
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 21.3 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (38-for-82)
- Sy Chatman: 14.5 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.7 BLK, 53.3 FG%
- Kendall Lewis: 9.3 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.7 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (8-for-19)
- Josiah Strong: 11.4 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (26-for-66)
- Mark Freeman: 10.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.0 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (10-for-23)
Ball State Team Leaders
- Luke Bumbalough: 13.1 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (25-for-59)
- Tyler Cochran: 10.6 PTS, 1.8 STL, 49.3 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Miryne Thomas: 9.7 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (14-for-40)
- Payton Sparks: 9.0 PTS, 47.5 FG%
- Jalen Windham: 9.7 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (17-for-42)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.