The Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-5) are heavy underdogs (by 21 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 2 Duke Blue Devils (8-1) on Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 139.5 for the matchup.
Duke vs. Appalachian State Predictions
Duke vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
Duke vs. Appalachian State Betting Trends
- Duke has covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-3-1).
- The Blue Devils are 3-2-1 ATS when playing as at least 21-point favorites.
- This season, five of Duke’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Blue Devils average 85.3 points per game, 27.3 more points than the 58.0 the Mountaineers allow.
- Duke is 5-3-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 58.0 points.
- Appalachian State is 5-4-0 against the spread this season.
- This year, four of Appalachian State’s games have gone over the point total out of nine chances.
- The Mountaineers score an average of 69.7 points per game, just 4.7 more points than the 65.0 the Blue Devils give up.
- When it scores more than 65.0 points, Appalachian State is 1-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
Duke vs. Appalachian State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Duke games have gone over this matchup’s 139.5-point over/under six times.
- There has been just one game featuring Appalachian State this season with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 139.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 155 points per game, 15.5 points more than the total of 139.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 16.5 fewer points than the 123 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Blue Devils have seen a 148.5 average over/under in their games this season, 9.0 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Mountaineers games have an over/under of 131.2 points this season, 8.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Duke Team Leaders
- Wendell Moore: 17.0 PTS, 5.0 AST, 1.6 STL, 56.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
- Paolo Banchero: 17.1 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.6 STL, 49.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
- Mark Williams: 9.7 PTS, 3.0 BLK, 65.0 FG%
- Trevor Keels: 12.1 PTS, 1.9 STL, 37.0 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (15-for-48)
- Jeremy Roach: 9.0 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.8 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (9-for-30)
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 15.8 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (27-for-65)
- Donovan Gregory: 8.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 59.7 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.3 PTS, 34.9 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (19-for-54)
- Justin Forrest: 9.3 PTS, 29.9 FG%, 21.1 3PT% (12-for-57)
- Michael Eads: 5.4 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (11-for-33)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.