In this year’s New Orleans Bowl, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns are the favorites, but by less than a touchdown (-5) over the Marshall Thundering Herd. the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana will host the matchup on December 18, 2021, starting at 9:15 PM ET. The over/under in this outing is 55 points.
Louisiana vs. Marshall Predictions
Louisiana vs. Marshall Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Louisiana vs. Marshall: Last 3 Games
- In its past three contests, Louisiana has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- Louisiana has hit the over once in its past three games.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have averaged a total of 53.5 combined points over their last three games, 1.5 less than this matchup’s total of 55.
- In its last three games, Marshall has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- In its past three games, Marshall has gone over the total once.
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have combined to score an average of 64 combined points in their last three games, nine more than the 55 over/under in this matchup.
Louisiana vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- Louisiana has gone 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns are 3-6 ATS when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- Louisiana’s games have gone over the total three times this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have yet to lose as the moneyline favorite this season, going 9-0.
- Louisiana has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have a 0.0% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Marshall has covered the spread six times over 12 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 5-point underdogs or more, the Thundering Herd have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Marshall have hit the over six times this season.
- The Thundering Herd lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- This season, Marshall has won seven of its 12 games, or 58.3%, when they’re the underdog by at least on the moneyline.
Louisiana vs. Marshall: Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Louisiana’s 13 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 55 points.
- In Marshall’s 12 games this season, seven have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 55.
- Together, the two teams combine for 64.7 points per game, 9.7 points more than the point total of 55 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s point total is 13.9 fewer points than the 41.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- On average, the Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 56.4 over/under in their games this season, 1.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.3 points separates the average total points bet in Thundering Herd’s games (60.3 points) and this matchup’s over/under (55 points).
Louisiana Players to Watch
- Levi Lewis leads Louisiana with 2,647 passing yards (203.6 ypg) on 217-of-359 passing with 19 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 269 rushing yards (20.7 ypg) on 88 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Chris Smith, has carried the ball 153 times for 855 yards (65.8 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- This season Montrell Johnson has rushed for 784 yards (60.3 per game) on 143 carries with 11 touchdowns.
- Peter LeBlanc’s 417 receiving yards (32.1 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 37 receptions and one touchdown.
- Michael Jefferson has grabbed 15 passes for 373 yards (28.7 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Dontae Fleming’s 23 catches have netted him 295 yards (22.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Marshall Players to Watch
- Grant Wells leads Marshall with 3,436 passing yards (286.3 ypg) on 280-of-418 passing with 16 touchdowns compared to 12 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Rasheen Ali, has carried the ball 230 times for 1,241 yards (103.4 per game), with 20 touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 44 passes for 329 yards (27.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Sheldon Evans has racked up 65 carries for 291 yards (24.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s team-leading 819 receiving yards (68.3 yards per game) have come on 69 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Willie Johnson has totaled 625 receiving yards (52.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns, reeling in 32 passes this year.
- Xavier Gaines’ 41 receptions this season have resulted in 476 yards (39.7 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.