The Kansas City Chiefs (9-4) are favored by 4 points as they aim to keep their six-game winning streak intact in a matchup with the Los Angeles Chargers (8-5) on Thursday, December 16, 2021 at SoFi Stadium. The point total for the game is set at 51.
Chiefs vs. Chargers Predictions
Chiefs Vs. Chargers Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chiefs and Chargers: Last Three Games
- Kansas City has covered the spread in each of its last three matchups while going 3-0 overall.
- The final combined score of the past three Chiefs games went over the set total one time.
- The last three Chiefs games averaged 50.0 total points, 1.0 fewer point than this matchup’s over/under.
- Los Angeles is 2-1-0 against the spread over its last three games, and has a 2-1 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The Chargers and their opponents have combined to hit the over in two of those games.
- The Chargers’ last three games have ended with an average of 46.8 points scored. That’s 4.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
Chiefs and Chargers: Betting Trends
- Kansas City has registered a 6-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 4 points or more so far this season, the Chiefs went 4-5 against the spread.
- Kansas City games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- The Chiefs have won 69.2% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (9-4).
- Kansas City is 7-2 (winning 77.8% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -199 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Chiefs a 66.6% chance to win.
- Los Angeles has covered the spread seven times in 13 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 4-point underdogs or more, the Chargers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, six of Los Angeles’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Chargers have been underdogs in four games this season and won three (75%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has played as an underdog of +166 or more once this season and won that game.
- Kansas City and its opponents have combined to exceed Thursday’s total of 51 points seven times this season.
- This season, seven games Los Angeles played finished with a combined score higher than 51 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 54 points per game, 3.0 points more than the point total of 51 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 46.4 points per game, 4.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Chiefs have seen a 53.0 average over/under in their games this season, 2.0 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Chargers games have an over/under of 49.7 points this season, 1.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II is the fifth-best fantasy player overall this season and the fourth-best fantasy quarterback with 262.7 fantasy points (20.2 per game).
- Tyreek Hill’s 158.4 total fantasy points (an average of 12.2 per game), are enough to place him 38th overall and sixth among receivers.
- So far this season, Travis Kelce averages 9.4 fantasy points per game on the way to 121.9 total fantasy points. That makes him the 67th-ranked fantasy player overall and the second-ranked tight end.
- Darrel Williams’ fantasy season so far has him ranked 77th overall and 24th among running backs with 111.9 points (8.6 per game).
Chargers Players to Watch
- So far this season, Justin Herbert is third overall among all players and third among all quarterbacks with 293.7 fantasy points (22.6 per game).
- Austin Ekeler has recorded 220.5 fantasy points this year (17.0 per game), good enough to rank him second among running backs and 13th overall in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Mike Williams is 11th among receivers and 55th overall with 133.5 fantasy points (averaging 10.3 per game) so far this season.
- Jared Cook’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 18th among tight ends and 154th overall with 64.8 points (5.0 per game).