The UAB Blazers are significant underdogs (+7) in this season’s Independence Bowl, where they will meet the BYU Cougars. The contest will kick off from Independence Stadium in Shreveport, Louisiana on December 18, 2021, starting at 3:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 54.5 in the contest.
BYU vs. UAB Predictions
BYU vs. UAB Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
BYU vs. UAB: Last 3 Games
- BYU has one win against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, in its past three contests.
- In BYU’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.3 points in their last three games, 4.8 more than the 54.5 over/under in this matchup.
- UAB is unbeaten against the spread and 2-1 overall in its past three contests.
- In UAB’s past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Blazers total over the last three games is 1.3 points fewer than the 54.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
BYU vs. UAB Betting Trends
- BYU has covered the spread five times this season (5-7-0).
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 2-4 when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- This season, BYU’s games have hit the over five times.
- The Cougars have a 7-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 87.5% of those games).
- BYU has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The Cougars have a 0.0% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- UAB has put together an 8-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Blazers have yet to cover the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, UAB’s games have hit the over five times out of 11 chances.
- The Blazers have won two of the four games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- UAB is 6-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by or more on the moneyline.
BYU vs. UAB: Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of BYU’s 12 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 54.5 points.
- In UAB’s 11 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 54.5.
- The Cougars average 33.5 points per game against the Blazers’ 29.4, totaling 8.4 points over the game’s over/under of 54.5.
- This matchup’s total is 7.4 fewer points than the 47.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- This season, the average total for Cougars games is 57.2 points, 2.7 more than the over/under of 54.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (54.5 points) and the average total points bet in Blazers’ games (50.1 points) this season.
BYU Players to Watch
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 2,583 yards (215.3 ypg) to lead BYU, completing 63.9% of his passes and tossing 20 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 307 yards (25.6 ypg) on 62 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Tyler Allgeier’s team-high 1,404 rushing yards (117 per game) have come on 249 carries, with 20 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 26 catches for 187 yards (15.6 per game).
- Puka Nacua’s team-high 796 receiving yards (66.3 yards per game) have come on 42 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Gunner Romney has put together a 539-yard season so far (44.9 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in 31 passes.
- Neil Pau’u’s 46 grabs have netted him 526 yards (43.8 ypg) and six touchdowns.
UAB Players to Watch
- Dylan Hopkins leads UAB with 2,085 passing yards (173.8 ypg) on 136-of-212 passing with 15 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Dewayne McBride has carried the ball 177 times for a team-high 1,185 yards (98.8 per game), with 12 touchdowns this year.
- This season Jermaine Brown Jr. has piled up 115 carries for 584 yards (48.7 per game) and seven touchdowns, while also catching 21 passes for 182 yards (15.2 per game).
- Trea Shropshire’s 682 receiving yards (56.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 25 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Gerrit Prince has put together a 656-yard season so far (54.7 receiving yards per game) with eight touchdowns, reeling in 32 passes.
- Rajae’ Johnson-Sanders’ 23 catches have turned into 394 yards (32.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.