The Appalachian State Mountaineers are the favorites, but by less than a touchdown (-3), in this year’s Boca Raton Bowl, where they will face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Florida will act as host on December 18, 2021, starting at 11:00 AM ET. An over/under of 68 points has been set for the contest.
Appalachian State vs. Western Kentucky Predictions
Appalachian State vs. Western Kentucky Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Appalachian State vs. Western Kentucky: Last 3 Games
- Appalachian State has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three contests.
- In its past three games, Appalachian State has hit the over once.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 52.8 points over their last three games, 15.2 less than the 68 over/under in this matchup.
- Western Kentucky has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three games.
- In its past three games, Western Kentucky has hit the over twice.
- The Hilltoppers total over the last three games is 3.2 points greater than the 68 total given for this matchup.
Appalachian State vs. Western Kentucky Betting Trends
- Appalachian State has covered the spread eight times over 13 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Mountaineers have gone 6-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Appalachian State have hit the over five times this season.
- The Mountaineers have won eight of the 10 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (80%).
- Appalachian State has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The Mountaineers have an implied moneyline win probability of 0.0% in this game.
- Western Kentucky is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Hilltoppers have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This year, eight of Western Kentucky’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Hilltoppers have entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won once.
- Western Kentucky has entered 12 games this season as the underdog by or more and is 7-2 in those contests.
Appalachian State vs. Western Kentucky: Over/Under Trends
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to score more than 68 points in a game just once this season.
- There have been seven Western Kentucky games that have ended with a combined score over 68 points this season.
- The Mountaineers average 34.2 points per game against the Hilltoppers’ 43.1, totaling 9.3 points over the game’s total of 68.
- The 48 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 20 fewer than the 68 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Mountaineers games is 11.7 points fewer than the over/under of 68 points in this contest.
- Hilltoppers games have an over/under of 67.5 points this season, 0.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Appalachian State Players to Watch
- Chase Brice has 3,022 passing yards (232.5 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 61.7% of his passes and recording 23 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 176 rushing yards (13.5 ypg) on 65 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Nate Noel’s team-high 1,074 rushing yards (82.6 per game) have come on 196 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Camerun Peoples has racked up 153 carries for 825 yards (63.5 per game) and 14 touchdowns.
- Corey Sutton’s 904 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 61 receptions with seven touchdowns.
- Malik Williams has collected 783 receiving yards (60.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns, hauling in 51 passes this year.
- Thomas Hennigan has hauled in 55 catches for 776 yards (59.7 ypg) and six touchdowns this season.
Western Kentucky Players to Watch
- Bailey Zappe has thrown for 5,531 yards (425.5 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 69.2% of his passes and tossing 56 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Noah Whittington, has carried the ball 94 times for 467 yards (35.9 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Adam Cofield has racked up 80 carries for 372 yards (28.6 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jerreth Sterns’ team-high 1,718 receiving yards (132.2 yards per game) have come on 137 receptions with 14 touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has put up a 1,248-yard season so far (96 receiving yards per game) with 12 touchdowns, hauling in 75 passes.
- Daewood Davis’ 41 catches are good enough for 706 yards (54.3 ypg) and eight touchdowns.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.