The New Orleans Saints (5-7) are favored by 5.5 points as they battle to break their five-game losing streak in a matchup with the New York Jets (3-9) on Sunday, December 12, 2021 at MetLife Stadium. The over/under is set at 43 points for the outing.
Saints vs. Jets Predictions
Saints Vs. Jets Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Saints and Jets: Last Three Games
- New Orleans is winless against the spread in its past three games, and has a 0-3 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The final combined score of the last three Saints games went over the set total one time.
- The Saints’ last three outings have ended with an average of 44.2 points scored. That’s 1.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- New York is 1-2-0 against the spread in its last three games, and has a 1-2 straight-up record in those contests.
- One time in those three games, the final combined score surpassed the set total.
- The last three Jets games averaged 44.3 total points, 1.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
Saints and Jets: Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-7-0).
- The Saints have yet to cover the spread (0-3) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have gone over the total six times this season.
- The Saints have gone 2-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 40% of those games).
- New Orleans has played as a moneyline favorite of -232 or shorter in only two games this season, and they lost both.
- The Saints have a 69.9% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has covered the spread three times this year (3-9-0).
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Jets have an ATS record of 2-5.
- New York games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season.
- This season, the Jets have been the underdog 12 times and won three, or 25%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 2-5 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +190 on the moneyline.
- Seven New Orleans games this season have gone over Sunday’s total of 43 points.
- Seven of New York’s games finished with a combined score higher than 43 points this season.
- The Saints average 22.8 points per game against the Jets’ 18.1, amounting to 2.1 points under the game’s total of 43.
- The 53.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 10.6 more than the 43 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Saints games is 44.3 points, 1.3 more than the over/under of 43 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Jets’ games this season (44.3 points).
Saints Players to Watch
- Alvin Kamara is the 57th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 17th-best fantasy running back with 126.0 fantasy points (10.5 per game).
- Trevor Siemian has recorded 79.4 fantasy points this year (6.6 per game), good enough to place him 110th overall and 33rd among quarterbacks in league-wide fantasy standings.
- So far this season, Marquez Callaway averages 6.4 fantasy points per game on the way to 76.9 total fantasy points. That makes him the 114th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 38th-ranked receiver.
- Taysom Hill is working on the 166th-ranked fantasy season (37th among quarterbacks) with 54.5 fantasy points, averaging 4.5 per game.
Jets Players to Watch
- So far this season, Elijah Moore is the No. 85 fantasy player overall and the No. 26 fantasy receiver. He’s scored 95.2 points and is averaging 7.9 per game.
- Zach Wilson’s 84.1 total fantasy points (an average of 7.0 per game), are enough to rank him 31st among quarterbacks and 101st overall.
- Ty Johnson averages 5.3 fantasy points per game on the way to 63.2 total fantasy points. That makes him the 149th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 49th-ranked running back.
- Jamison Crowder’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 66th among receivers and 181st overall with 49.2 points (4.1 per game).