NFC South foes square off when the Carolina Panthers (5-7) host the Atlanta Falcons (5-7) on Sunday, December 12, 2021 at Bank of America Stadium. Carolina is favored by 2.5 points. A total of 42 points has been set for this matchup.
Panthers vs. Falcons Predictions
Panthers Vs. Falcons Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Panthers and Falcons: Last Three Games
- Carolina covered the spread once in its past three contests while putting together a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- In all three of those games, the final combined score has gone over the set total.
- The last three Panthers games averaged 41.8 total points, 0.2 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Atlanta covered the spread once in its last three contests while putting up a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of each of the last three Falcons games did not go over the set point total.
- The past three Falcons games averaged 5.8 more points (47.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
Panthers and Falcons: Betting Trends
- Carolina is 5-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Carolina have hit the over five times this season.
- The Panthers have been favored on the moneyline six total times this season. They’ve gone 2-4 in those games.
- Carolina is 2-3 (winning 40% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -138 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Panthers a 58.0% chance to win.
- Atlanta has put together a record of 5-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Falcons have an ATS record of 2-4.
- This season, Atlanta’s games have hit the over five times.
- This season, the Falcons have won two out of the seven games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Atlanta has won two of its six games when they’re the underdog by at least +116 on the moneyline.
- Carolina and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (42 points) five times this season.
- There have been seven Atlanta games that have finished with a combined score higher than 42 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 42 is 4.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Panthers (19.7 points per game) and the Falcons (18.0 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 6.8 fewer points than the 48.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The Panthers have seen a 44.3 average over/under in their games this season, 2.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Falcons’ games have a total points bet of 48.0 points this season, 6.0 points more than the over/under for this game.
Panthers Players to Watch
- D.J. Moore is the No. 75 fantasy player overall and the No. 21 fantasy receiver with 110.9 points (averaging 9.2 per game).
- Chuba Hubbard has put up 73.9 fantasy points this year (6.2 per game), good enough to rank him 123rd overall and 38th among running backs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- So far this season, Robby Anderson averages 3.9 fantasy points per game on the way to 47.1 total fantasy points. That makes him the 186th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 70th-ranked receiver.
- Cam Newton is the 196th-ranked fantasy player — and the 40th-ranked quarterback — with 44.1 fantasy points. He averages 14.7 fantasy points per game.
Falcons Players to Watch
- So far this season, Matt Ryan is 26th overall among all players and 20th among all quarterbacks with 169.1 fantasy points (14.1 per game).
- Cordarrelle Patterson has racked up total 154.7 fantasy points this year (12.9 per game), which make him the ninth-ranked running back and the 34th-ranked player overall.
- Kyle Pitts averages 6.4 fantasy points per game on the way to 76.9 total fantasy points. That makes him the 114th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 11th-ranked tight end.
- Mike Davis is the 137th-ranked fantasy player — and the 44th-ranked running back — with 69.5 fantasy points (5.8 per game).