The Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5-1) are 3-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Thursday, December 9, 2021 against the Minnesota Vikings (5-7). The over/under is 44.5 for this game.
Vikings vs. Steelers Predictions
Vikings Vs. Steelers Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings and Steelers: Last Three Games
- Minnesota is 1-2-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall over its past three contests.
- The final combined score of the past three Vikings games has surpassed the set total every time.
- The past three Vikings games averaged 3.3 more points (47.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- Pittsburgh is 2-1-0 against the spread in its past three games, and has a 1-2 straight-up record in those contests.
- Twice in those three games, the final combined score has surpassed the set total.
- The past three Steelers games averaged 0.5 more points (45.0) than this matchup’s over/under.
Vikings and Steelers: Betting Trends
- Minnesota has gone 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Vikings have not covered the spread when playing as at least 3-point favorites (0-4).
- Minnesota games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season.
- The Vikings are 2-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 40% of those games).
- In games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -174 or shorter, Minnesota has a 1-2 record (winning just 33.3% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Vikings’ implied win probability is 63.5%.
- Pittsburgh has covered the spread in a game five times this season (5-7-0).
- The Steelers are 4-2 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Pittsburgh games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this year.
- This season, the Steelers have been the underdog seven times and won four of those games.
- Pittsburgh has entered six games this season as the underdog by +146 or more and is 3-3 in those contests.
- This season, Minnesota games have hit the over on this game’s 44.5-point over/under nine times.
- This season, four games Pittsburgh played finished with a combined score over 44.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 46 points per game, 1.5 points more than the point total of 44.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 49.2 points per game, 4.7 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Vikings have seen a 49.6 average over/under in their games this season, 5.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.0 point more than the average over/under in Steelers’ games this season (43.5 points).
Vikings Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins is ninth overall among all players and eighth among all quarterbacks with 237.6 fantasy points (19.8 per game).
- Justin Jefferson’s 163.7 total fantasy points (an average of 13.6 per game), are good enough to place him 29th overall and third among receivers.
- So far this season, Adam Thielen averages 10.7 fantasy points per game on the way to 128.8 total fantasy points. That makes him the 51st-ranked fantasy player overall and the 10th-ranked receiver.
- Dalvin Cook is the 59th-ranked fantasy player — and the 17th-ranked running back — with 121.5 fantasy points. He averages 10.1 fantasy points per game.
Steelers Players to Watch
- So far this season, Najee Harris is 32nd overall among all players and eighth among all running backs with 158.6 fantasy points (13.2 per game).
- Ben Roethlisberger’s 156.8 total fantasy points (an average of 13.1 per game), are good enough to rank him 22nd among quarterbacks and 33rd overall.
- Diontae Johnson is eighth among receivers and 49th overall after scoring 129.0 fantasy points (averaging 10.8 per game) so far this season.
- Chase Claypool has put together the 112th-ranked fantasy season (37th among receivers) with 77.4 fantasy points, averaging 6.5 per game.